Are you looking for a storage system that is adaptable, efficient and can be applied to most warehouse environments? Adjustable pallet racking (APR) could be the answer.
What is Adjustable Pallet Racking (APR)?
Adjustable pallet racking is the most common form of pallet racking. it is a dynamic system that can be altered and reconfigured as your business and warehouse requirements change.
APR is adaptable in the sense that the beams can be raised or lowered, added in or taken out depending on the requirements of your warehouse. You can assemble APR as a single or a double depth rack making it a flexible option.
This system can accommodate many different types of products and weights on a variety of pallets from 1,200mm x 1,000 mm standard pallets to 800mm x 1,200 Euro pallets, inserted length or width-ways dependent upon rack design and forklift application.
APR can be used in wide aisle, narrow aisle and very narrow aisle (VNA) configurations, dependent upon the manual handling equipment being used.
Advantages of Adjustable Pallet Racking:
- Dynamic – racking can be designed around your requirements, subject to any weight and height restrictions
- Accessible – all stock is readily available using a forklift truck
- Adaptable – can be used for any size load or forklift truck
- Ease of loading – forklifts can easily access the pallets, and this increases the throughput
Disadvantages of Adjustable Pallet Racking:
- Height restrictions – the height of racking can be restricted in wide aisle racking by the reach of the forklift
- Floor space utilisation can be low in wide aisle configuration when used with a counterbalance truck
Things to Consider:
Adjustable pallet racking systems are usually designed around a business’ specific needs and requirements. We can design the most efficient system for your products taking into account factors including weight and height of pallets, warehouse eave height and floor load capacity.
There are additional safety features that can be added to this system:
- Anti-collapse mesh – to prevent items falling from height
- Barriers – to protect from any damage that could be caused from the use of the forklift
- Decking – timber or mesh decking can prevent pallets from falling through the racking
If you would like any further information on adjustable pallet racking, call us today on 01423 819057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a no obligation visit.